All FIFA and WISL (World Indoor Soccer League) Rules Apply
The following exceptions apply:
1. All free kicks are direct, including kick-off. Players have 5-seconds to put the ball
15-seconds on kick-off; infringement results in turnover of possession.
2. On kick-off, ball may be played forward or backward.
3. When a free kick is being taken, the defending team must be a minimum of 10 feet from
This is a must and infringement will result in a 2-minute penalty.
4. NO offside.
5. Shin guards are mandatory for all players at all times and must be
completely covered with socks - NO Exceptions!!
6. All players must wear indoor shoes (flats) or sneakers - No molded cleats allowed at any time.
7. Substitutions on the fly. Player must be off the field before substitute can enter.
Infringement results in 2-minute penalty.
9. Number of players on field at a time: U-8 and below, 7 plus a goalkeeper (8 verses.
U-9 thru U-11, 6 plus a goalkeeper (7 versess 7);
U-17 thru U-12, 5 plus a goalkeeper (6 verses. 6);
Men and Women, 5 plus a goalkeeper (6 verses. 6); Coed, 6 plus a goalkeeper (7 verses. 7).
10. Game clock will start at scheduled time - No Exceptions!!
Games are on a running clock with no stoppage of time.
11. No half time is given.
12. Slide tackling or Sliding for the ball, is strictly prohibited.
No on the ground field play is allowed at all. Infringement will result in a
2-minute penalty or a yellow card. Referees discretion.
13. The goalkeeper may slide ONLY in the penalty arc, and will be subject to
should he/she to slide outside of arc. If a goalkeeper is charged with a 2-minute penalty,
a field player may serve the penalty.
14. The goalkeeper may retain possession of the ball with his/her hands for a
period of 5-seconds. Bouncing the ball is prohibited.
15. All free kicks awarded inside the penalty arc will be taken from the 'white
at the top of the arc.
16. Where the ball is out of play:
* A ball which strikes the side netting or leaves the playing field will result in
a free kick 3 feet from the wall where stoppage of play occurred.
* A ball which strikes the netting between the red corner marks,
having last been touched by the attacking team, will result in the goalkeeper throwing
the ball directly into play.
* A ball which strikes the netting between the red corner marks, having last been
touched by the defensive team, will result in a corner kick (yellow dot on either side of the goal).
* A ball which strikes the ceiling will result in a free kick on the white line.
17. If a goalkeeper plays the ball beyond the third white line in the air, and without the
touching a player or wall, a free
kick is awarded to the opposing team on the yellow dot
nearest that goalkeeper.
18. Teams are responsible for supplying game balls.
19. Only team players and 2 coaches are allowed in the team bench area.
Youth teams are required to have at least one adult (25 years or older) in the team bench
at all times. Cameras and all other electronic devices are strictly prohibited
in the team bench area or field.
20. Protests are not allowed!! Referee decisions are final.
21. Penalties: (All penalties will be served in the penalty boxes) NO
* Players receiving a yellow card will serve a 4-minute penalty.
* Players receiving 3 2-minute penalties (blue card) in one game will receive a red card.
* Players receiving 1 yellow card and 2 2-minute penalties will receive a red card.
* Players receiving a red card must leave the facility and will sit out a minimum
of 1 week or 1 game, whichever is longer. Furthermore, their team will serve a
5-minute penalty. Any Player refusing to enter the Penalty Box or leaving the Penalty box
before there time is completed will receive and automatic Red Card and a 1 game suspension.
22. Each team is required to bring alternate jerseys.
23. All games will be 2 x 22 minute halves.
(CSL teams are 2 x 20 minute halves, Pre-K/K are 4 x 8 quarters)
24. Chewing gum on the playing field is strictly prohibited.
Players caught will receive a 2-minute penalty.
25. Foul language will not be tolerated from players, coaches, or spectators!